I share recommendations a lot, so here they are all in one place, because I also hoard resources a lot!
Learning Design (including UI and Web Design)
- Responsive Web Design by Ethan Marcotte
- Front End Style Guides
- Designing for the web
- Web Performance
- Designing Interface Animations
- LogoDesignLove’s brand identity style guides list
- Find Brand Guidelines on the web
- Designing Brand Identity - book
- The Brand Gap
- Advanced Web Typography by Elliot Jay Stocks
- Quotes and Accents – Jessica Hische
- Typ.io (Web Typography gallery)
- Daniel Mall’s SVG Workflow for Designers: (I’ve been hoarding this one for over a year now!)
- CSS-Tricks’ Cagematch: Inline SVG vs Icon Fonts : Learned quite a bit from this on SVGs and type.
- CSS-Tricks’ SVG Fallbacks: Because let’s consider the big picture and move towards a more responsible web.
- Creative Droplet’s Export SVG for the Web with Illustrator CC: For the CC crowd.
- Slides from Todd Parker’s Artifact Austin Leaving Pixels Behind: A Vector Workflow for Designers talk : A great talk that I saw earlier this year.
- Searching for SVGs on CodePen : The best way to learn is dissect and tinker.
- CSS-Tricks’ mega-list called A Compendium of SVG Information : The big Kahuna of SVG info.
- Smashing Magazine’s Rethinking responsive SVGs : Keepin’ things responsive. This could lead to fun stuff.
- This awesome Kickstarter campaign for a Pocket Guide for Writing SVGS
- SVGjs Lightweight SVG party!
- Jason’s collection of SVG experiments (Check out the Hulk one)
- CanIUse SVGs
On Design, beyond aesthetics
- How do you know when a design is really done
- Dan Mall on Creative Direction
- Changing behavior through persuasive design
- Frank Chimero’s What the screen wants
- Dieter Rams’ 10 Design Principles
- Designing for emotion
Web Design and Dev
- The Responsive Web Design Podcast
- The Big Web Show
- Design Details
- On the grid
- Path to Performance
- StyleGuides Podcast
- The Web Ahead
General cool topics (The More You Know!)
About the Web
- CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap (Link to Netflix), blog post about the movie.
- What Comes Next is the Future (watch below)
- How to capture and hold audience attention
- Speaking (because ‘imagine everyone’s naked is bad advice)
- The designer’s guide to public speaking
- Jeffrey Zeldman on public speaking
- Sophie Shepherd on public speaking
- Dan Mall on getting the work you want
- Adaptive Path on Hemingway and writing
- David Airey on Writing for design
- Jeremy Keith’s Writing from home
- Frank Chimero’s This one’s for me
On True Detective
On Wes Anderson
- Designing the Grand Budapest Hotel
- Wes Anderson color palettes
- The real star of “Grand Budapest Hotel”? Graphic Design
- Garam Masala